What Are the Rose and Bay Awards?
The Rose and Bay Awards focus on a growing business model known as "crowdfunding" or "cyberfunded creativity," which directly connects creative people and patrons of the arts online. These awards recognize exemplary projects and enthusiastic patrons. They span five categories: Art, Fiction, Poetry, Other Project, and Patron. (Other Project includes any cyberfunded creativity that isn't art, fiction, or poetry -- or that spans more than one category.) The categories and their handlers are listed below:
Other Project: ysabetwordsmith
The award period for eligible activities spans January 1-December 31, 2009.
The nomination period spans January 1-January 31, 2010.
The voting period spans February 1-February 28, 2010.</span></span>
1) Voters are strongly encouraged to browse the nominees before making a final decision; that's what the links are for, and the purpose of this award is to promote the splendor of crowdfunded projects. If you have not already explored the nominees, please refer back to the Art nomination post.
2) Voting will take place via LiveJournal polling in this community, open to all. Everyone is eligible to vote; if you do not have a LiveJournal account, you may leave a comment below with your full name and your vote. You may cast ONE vote per category. (There may need to be more than one poll question per category, and runoffs, in categories with a high number of nominees.) You may not vote for your own project, nor yourself as a patron; that's tacky.
3) Winners will be announced after the polling is completed.
How You Can Help
As a new award, Rose and Bay depends on your enthusiasm to make it a success. Here are some ways you can help that happen:
1) Cast your vote! Watch for the voting polls to appear for the other projects, and vote in those too.
2) Promote the Rose and Bay Award by blogging about it, emailing your friends, posting it on social networks, or any other method you can imagine. Everyone is encouraged to spread the word as far as possible whether you are a creator, a donor, or a curious bystander.
3) If you're a patron or audience member, link to your favorite nominees and then direct people to the relevant voting pages.
4) If you're a creative person, let your audience know which of your projects have been nominated for a Rose and Bay Award, including a link to the relevant voting page(s). Let your fans know there is a way for them to honor your project and the patrons who make it possible.
EDIT 3/4/10: Where the bar for "Tod's Icon Days" goes offscreen, the number of votes is 47.
Vote for your favorite Art project.
Free Icon Days by Biohazard_blade
The Rebirth of Me by Flutterbychild
Stardancer Art Archive by M.C.A. Hogarth (Haikujaguar)
The Tiny, Puffy Bird by Puffbird
Tod's Icon Days by Tod (Djinni)